DIRECT HIRE POSITION- East Coast Staffing is seeking a Supervisor for a 2nd shift Quality Process team (shift hours are 3pm – 1am) position. Salary range of $55-60K. We are looking for a candidate with a Six Sigma Green Belt & statistical knowledge. Ideally, proficiency in Mini Tab statistical software would be a plus. Food science or culinary degree a big plus.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals.
- Ability to understand, implement and analyze SPC (Statistical Process Control) practices, to add validation to all aspects of the operation.
- Continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Continuous improvement projects both individually and as a member of a team.
- Develop Control Plan as part of the DMAIC process. o Statistical Process Control (SPC) analysis of key analytical data.
- Be a teacher and Mentor o Continuous development and evaluation of your team o Utilize Learning & Development for all internal and external resources available o Understand you are a reflection of your staff
- Department ambassador for all Production related matters.
- Communicate effectively within the department by: Working closely with Vice President of Operations to continuously update and review departmental goals and objectives. o Holding as needed staff and individual meetings and development opportunities with mindset of “continuous growth”.
- Performing staff reviews as assigned or as needed.
- Ability to own, lead and develop overall department, its staff, and its activities. Ensure process team: 100% adherence to all recipe designs; no deviations.
- Ensure process team: 100% adherence to all company GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures); no deviations.
- Understand implications of “down time” and inefficient processing. o Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred and develop control pans to eliminate re-occurrence o Teach ownership and reactions to “downtime” to your staff
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies.
- Educate staff in utilization of processing systems and data.
- Responsible for any and all line product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of departmental error or inefficiencies. o Work with production to determine root cause of these errors and develop controls to prevent re-occurrence
- Accountable to ensure that all responsibilities of all staff are accomplished on a shift to shift and project to project basis. Continuously update VP of Operations on departmental status. Specifically matters related to departmental cost per lb; including waste, downtime, staffing, and overall processing efficiencies. Explain steps being taken to improve any areas deemed deficient. Competencies: “An area of expertise that is fundamental to a particular job or function” In order to perform this position properly, each candidate must demonstrate the following core competencies (not all inclusive).
- Business Knowledge o Effectively utilizes available tools to maximize contribution o Manages Resources effectively o Manages Expenses o Understands relationships of resources, process and profit
- Interpersonal Skills , Builds relationships at all levels , Manages conflict effectively ,Practices early intervention; resolves issues early , Communicates effectively , Inspires trust and Teamwork , Is a Motivator Judgment , Analyzes problems effectively , Demonstrates sound and ethical decision-making, even under pressure , Patient; challenges appropriately ,Open to ideas of others , Consistent Leadership ,Persuasive in getting others to consider his/her or companies point of view.
Education and/or Experience : 2-4 year degree and 3-5 years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required. This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self motivated, safety conscious, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a leader and coaching mentality. Manufacturing experience preferred. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be comfortable and adept at data entry and extraction from manufacturing and Microsoft based software programs.
- Should have knowledge of Manufacturing, SPC, Inventory, Payroll, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid Driver’s License is required Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year