Production Supervisor Food Manufacturing
Great hands on supervisory position at pay range $55-58K shift is 6pm – 6am – schedules can fluctuate -must be available to work weekends as needed during peak season (Sept-Jan) – Excellent Benefits.
Summary Accountable for achieving established corporate departmental goals; including division profitability, product quality and accuracy, staff productivity, scheduling efficiencies and the oversight of equipment performance and downtime. In event of absence, position will be filled by equal level position, Spvsr or appropriately trained Spvsr designee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Continuous development, analysis and utilization of established departmental performance data programs to achieve departmental goals.
o Ability to understand, implement and analyze SPC (Statistical Process Control) practices, to add validation to all aspects of the operation.
o Analysis, development and reporting to department OEE’s (Overall Equipment Effectiveness); KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators); and EFF’s (Equipment Efficiency).
- Continuous analysis of current production processes and procedures, proposals for improvements, implementation and follow through of agreed upon changes.
- Be a teacher and Mentor
o Continuous development and evaluation of your team
o Utilize Learning & Development for all internal and external resources available
o Understand you are a reflection of your staff
- Department ambassador for all Production related matters.
- Communicate effectively within the department by:
o Working closely with Vice President of Operations to continuously update and review departmental goals and objectives.
o Holding as needed staff and individual meetings and development opportunities with mindset of “continuous growth”.
o Performing staff reviews as assigned or as needed.
Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly as applicable.
- Must adhere to all corporate GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices), established SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and all Food Safety policies.
- Must adhere to all Allergen control programs and procedures as applicable.
- Responsible for reporting suspicious packages, activities and individuals.
- If monitoring CCPs (Critical Control Points), must be trained in HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and adhere to approved HACCP plan(s).
- Ability to own, lead and develop overall department, its staff, and its activities.
- Ensure process team: 100% adherence to all recipe designs; no deviations.
- Ensure process team: 100% adherence to all company GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures); no deviations.
- Understand implications of departmental “down time” and inefficient processing.
- Understand how to react to such matters, to minimize downtime incurred.
- Contribute in proactive approach to address future downtime obstructions.
- Teach ownership and reactions to “downtime” to your staff
- Utilize designated paperwork/systems to track, verify and adjust efficiencies.
- Educate staff in utilization of processing systems and data.
- Responsible for any and all line product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of departmental error or inefficiencies.
- “your line, your product”
- Responsible for any and all line “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
- “your line, your equipment”
- Accountable to ensure that all responsibilities of all staff are accomplished on a shift to shift and project to project basis.
- Continuously update VP of Operations on departmental status. Specifically matters related to departmental cost per lb; including waste, downtime, staffing, and overall processing efficiencies. Explain steps being taken to improve any areas deemed deficient.
Competencies: “An area of expertise that is fundamental to a particular job or function”
In order to perform this position properly, each candidate must demonstrate the following core competencies (not all inclusive).
- Business Knowledge
o Effectively utilizes available tools to maximize contribution
o Manages Resources effectively
o Manages Expenses
o Understands relationships of resources, process and profit
- Interpersonal Skills
o Builds relationships at all levels
o Manages conflict effectively
o Practices early intervention; resolves issues early
o Communicates effectively
o Inspires trust and Teamwork
o Is a Motivator
o Analyzes problems effectively
o Demonstrates sound and ethical decision-making, even under pressure
o Patient; challenges appropriately
o Open to ideas of others
o Persuasive in getting others to consider his/her or companies point of view
o Communicates effectively; has a point of view
o Inspires trust; viewpoint actively sought by others
o Fosters collaboration
o Overcomes objections with logic and effective communication skills
o Able to deliver message of “Culture change”; in a positive, constructive and effective manner
o Is a Leader and a Mentor
o Invests in own development
o Pursues opportunities to improve
o Seeks out internal resources for learning
o Accountability; embraces the concept of accountability. Acceptance for one’s actions; both positive and negative
Education and/or Experience
- 2-4 year degree and 3-5 years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required. This person should have excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self motivated, safety conscious, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a leader and coaching mentality. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be comfortable and adept at data entry and extraction from manufacturing and Microsoft based software programs.
- Should have knowledge of Manufacturing, SPC, Inventory, Payroll, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- A valid Driver’s License is required
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, warm and/or cold working environments, and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Oversees department staff of up to 30 team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Departmental responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.