Maintenance Mechanics /PLC Technicians Fall River and New Bedford areas (all shifts) GREAT PAY!
Title: Maintenance – Production equipment in Manufacturing Facility
General Job Description:
Performs a variety of duties that range from routine servicing of machinery and equipment to the rebuilding of some portions of the production machinery. May supervise installation of new machinery or assist with the installation. Familiar with air, hydraulic, electrical systems as well as valves, circuits and pumps. Troubleshoots malfunctions and replaces defective parts.
1. Keep plant machinery running at all times. Maintain company equipment and machinery
in excellent working order, which will provide a safe working environment for employees
and allow an efficient schedule.
2. Setup preventative maintenance to each piece of equipment and machinery according to
a set schedule.
3. Note mechanical problems and repair and/or delegate repair, as needed, to outside
4. Maintain adequate supplies for normal preventive maintenance of equipment, facility and
operation as a whole.
5. Advise management of the need for repair or replacement of structural materials,
machinery and equipment.
6. Conduct periodic/daily inspections on all company vehicles, which includes forklifts,
tractors, trailers, trucks, etc.
7. Investigate new/alternative products/procedures that will contribute to improved
equipment repairs or increase efficiency.
8. Keep records of all maintenance issues including record of all repairs on work orders;
monitor time and expense for each unit. Process paperwork accordingly to accounting
and seek approval of manager for purchasing.
9. Maintain structure and site as required.
10. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
11. This position is safety sensitive and the employee is included in the random drug and
alcohol testing pool.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy (loud). The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel or crouch while working with machinery or product. Frequently use hand tools
manufacturing product on or related to the production line. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery in or near the operation of equipment or vehicles in the plant, yard or warehouse. Frequently required to lift and /or move items from 25 to 100 lbs for a moderate distance. Frequently required to walk to and from various areas within the facility. Periodic evening and weekend work required. Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Safety Equipment Required
Safety glasses & Gloves