Machine Operator – New Bedford,MA
We are hiring – 1st and 2nd shift Machine Operators to start immediately. The hours are Monday – Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Listed below are the job qualifications:
.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and responsibilities but is not limited to:
- Work within a fast paced, production oriented, safe environment.
- Capable of lifting up to 40 lbs with the ability to ask for help when required.
- Communicates with associates and superiors to maintain safety and quality.
- Willingness to following the direction of the Supervisor and Group Lead person(s).
- Suggests production and quality improvement ideas to the Supervisor.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order.
- Responsible for housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by following company safety policies and procedures by wearing all safety personal protective equipment “PPE” to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Accepts other responsibilities as requested by the department Supervisor.
The following is a brief description of the technical expertise duties but is not limited to:
- Use of handle tools.
- Use of air assisted tools.
- Able to use templates to affix appropriate materials to the product.
- Able to operate machinery with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in all situations.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Language Skills– Ability to communicate within the working environment.
- Reasoning Ability– Ability to define problems.
- Physical Demands– Ability to reach and use arms, hands and fingers. Ability to hear and smell.
- Weight Limitations– Up to 40 lbs.
- Vision Requirements– Close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment– Moderate Noise Conditions. Work in ambient temperatures ranging from very cold to very hot.
- Personal, Protective Equipment– Ability to wear safety glasses, steel toe shoes, gloves, and other job related personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.